Top five video games of the 21st century

Join+Staff+Reporters+Ravi+Kapadia+and+Jayden+Taylor+as+they+share+their+top+five+video+games+of+the+21st+century.+
Credit: Natalie Greenaway
Join Staff Reporters Ravi Kapadia and Jayden Taylor as they share their top five video games of the 21st century.

There has been some debate about what the best video games of all time are. In our eyes, it is clear what video games are the best because all of them far superior to any other video games that have been released. Here are our opinions on the best five video games from the 21st century.

“Fornite Battle Royale”
“Fortnite Battle Royale” took the world by surprise with a new style of shooting game. “Fortnite” added a building component, which had never been seen in any other shooting game before. After “Fortnite” first released on July 21, 2017, the game only went up from there. The peak of the game was arguably in 2019, as it reached 250 million players daily, and climbed the video game rankings as the best game of that time period.

“Grand Theft Auto 5″ (GTA 5)
GTA 5 is known as being one of the most popular games, and, in our opinion, that is for good reason. The game feels very similar to real life because of how good the graphics are and how well the game was programmed. To this day, several people are still starting the game and we think it has no intentions of falling in rankings anytime soon.

“Minecraft”
The version of “Minecraft” released in 2009 only allowed people to play on the computer, resulting in the game only averaging 10 million players per week. However, once the game was released on every console in 2011, “Minecraft’s” player count shot up to an average of 40 million players per week. During this time, “Minecraft” would continue to add weekly updates, which brought even more players to the game. Currently, “Minecraft” is considered one the best video games with a player count of 166 million players per day. We think that its unique style of gameplay definitely helps “Minecraft” continue to thrive in the video game industry.

“NBA 2K20”
In our opinion, “NBA 2K20” is the best “NBA 2K” game of all time. “NBA 2K” is a basketball video game simulation series with many cool features that allow players to have lots of freedom within the game. The main purpose of the game is to build the best possible basketball player. “NBA 2K20” is known in the video game industry as being one of the best sports video games of all time, and we agree with this claim. We will never forget the memories that we have made through this game.

“Super Mario Wonder”
“Super Mario Wonder” is a new game that was released on Oct. 23, 2023. Shocking several Mario fans, this new game reverted to a similar style to the old Mario games from 1983. Because “Super Mario Wonder” had a similar feel to the old Mario games and also included a mix of new Mario games, we believe it is the best Mario game to ever exist.