Men’s fall fashion: What to wear

Credit: Jeffery Zhang
WSPN’s Jeffery Zhang lists the 2023 men’s fall fashion trends.

Finding an outfit that’s perfect can be a huge pain. There’s a matter of comfortability, look and even price. Do you want to look presentable, flashy or sleek? Are you willing to be daring with your outfit, or would you much rather opt for a more comfortable outfit? There are several guys out there who don’t put an ounce of effort into their outfit because they don’t have enough time. Because of this, some men’s outfits end up looking sloppy or unbearably uncomfortable. With fall coming up, I’m here to save you the hassle of researching fashionable fall clothing so you’ll never have to wear a bad outfit again. That is, until the end of fall.

Our Top Picks by Jeffery Zhang

Most Like Fall: Men’s Wrangler Sherpa Lined Flannel Shirt ($30)

With the fall season already in full swing, what better to wear than a flannel? This flannel shirt is crafted with sherpa lining, making it highly suitable for chilly temperatures. Its timeless, plaid pattern allows for it to be worn during any time of the year, even when it’s not fall. This particular flannel has long sleeves, front closure buttons and even comes with pockets. The only downside to this flannel is that it only comes in three colors: white, red and blue. Because of its limited color options, I recommend pairing this with a white or black colored hoodie, along with light colored sweatpants or khaki pants to add some variation to each outfit.

Most Comfortable: Abercrombie & Fitch Graphic Crew Sweatshirt ($90)

A perfect combination of stylish and comfortable, the Abercrombie & Fitch Graphic Crew Sweatshirt blows expectations away. With more than 30 different graphic design selections, there’s no doubt that you’ll be able to find a design that suits your style. Made with 70% cotton, it is soft and cozy, being the perfect addition to any wardrobe. Its loose look and pleasing designs will accentuate your wardrobe with a more fashionable, cozy addition. This sweatshirt works perfectly with most pants, however, we recommend pairing the top with cargo pants, sweatpants or jeans. It is somewhat pricey, so a cheaper alternative is the Abercrombie & Fitch Long-Sleeve Premium Heavyweight Tee ($50).

Most Sleek: Closed Quilted Trench Coat ($794)

Made in Romania, this quilted trench coat offers a glassy and professional look that screams luxury. It is unbelievably light and has a brushed surface that complements the coat with a more jet-streamed look. It is tailored and double-breasted with a lapel collar, shoulder latch, side pockets and belt. It’ll offer you warmth and more than enough protection from harsh winds. Pair this coat with a white undershirt and loose, light-colored khaki pants and you will look stunning. A major downside of this trench coat is its exorbitant price, but if you have the money to splurge, I’d recommend you look into this.

Most Reliable: Relaxed Fit Archive Logo Fleece Hoodie ($80)

An obvious choice, sweatshirts are among the most timeless pieces of clothing across various styles. They’re comfy, easy to pair and fashionable. Designed with an archive-inspired logo, this Calvin Klein sweatshirt features a plush, cotton knit fleece blend for premium, all-day comfort. This sweatshirt is incredibly minimalistic, so pairing a flannel jacket with it is another option. Because you can pair this top with almost anything, we recommend finding something equally comfy for the bottom, as long as it matches.

Most Affordable: H&M Slim Fit Fine-knit Cotton Sweater ($32)

At just over $30, this fine-knit sweater is an excellent choice for more affordable fashion. For its price, it is delightfully high quality, boasting a 100% cotton composition for a soft and versatile feel. Its minimalistic coloring and slim look create an assortment of possible outfit combinations. For a smart and cozier look, pair this top with black khakis.

With so many options to choose from, I recommend that you find something you feel comfortable with. However, don’t be afraid to try new clothes. Even if none of these options fit your style or budget, I promise you there are definitely options out there that do. Sometimes, a little bit of research is required, but it’s definitely worth it so that you can not only feel comfortable, but also look presentable.