Review: Snowport holiday market

Credit: Chloe Zilembo
Join WSPN’s Chloe Zilembo as she shares her thoughts and experience at Snowport in Boston.

The third annual Snowport is back. Snowport is Boston’s outdoor holiday market located in the Seaport. It consists of over 120 vendors and their small businesses, which range from everywhere from food to jewelry. It’s also dog friendly, so your furry friend can accompany you and enjoy all that Snowport has to offer.

Atmosphere:

Snowport was very busy and the tents for each of the stores were very small, so sometimes it was hard to get into each booth and see its products. There were a lot of people very close to each other, which became frustrating at times. It was hard to get around everyone and there was very little seating open because of the large number of people in the area. I went on a Sunday, but if you go during the week, I don’t think it would be as crowded. However, the booths are very cute and there is Christmas music playing with fun decorations as well.

Food:

There are several different options available for food, so it is very likely for attendees to find something they like. There are breakfast sandwiches, crepes, waffles, Mexican food, pasta, donuts and more. I tried apple cider donuts from Breezy Hill Orchards and they were delicious. They make the donuts right in front of you and the donuts are still piping hot when you get them. I also tried Cheese Wheel Pasta, which is fettuccine alfredo pasta with basil. It was good, but very expensive. One bowl of pasta was $20, but it could definitely serve two people.

Drinks:

There are many different drinks you could get from the tents around the market. Of course, there are regular bottled sodas at some of the food booths, but there are specialty places as well. There is hot apple cider, gourmet hot chocolate with fun toppings and a variety of alcoholic beverages for adults. However, the drinks were expensive– the gourmet hot chocolate was $12.

Wait times:

The line to get into the Snowport was long, with hundreds of people in it. Despite the length of the line, it was less than a 15 minute wait. The Snowport security officers did a very good job at getting people in and out efficiently. If you go to Snowport and the line looks incredibly long, I would still advise you to wait, as it seems to go much quicker than some may think.

Shopping:

There are a multitude of stores with all kinds of items. There are candy stores, novelty shops with Christmas ornaments, clothing stores, candle stores, skincare and bath and body stores, crafting stores, puzzle stores, baby clothing stores, sauce vendors, art stores and jewelry stores. The items I saw were expensive, since several of the items were handmade by the small businesses.

Final verdict:

I would definitely check out Snowport if you haven’t already. If you go, it should be for the experience, not necessarily the shopping. Although the products are very cute, they are expensive, and buying only a few items can cost $100 or more. However, it was still a festive winter activity that could be fun for others to experience with their friends and family on a day where they have nothing else to do.