• Wrestling wins quad meet against Keefe Tech, Lexington and Holliston on Saturday 12/8

• BREAKING: School Committee votes for 8:35 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. WHS schedule, shorter Wednesdays to remain

• Second vote for WHS Athletic Complex Renovation project postponed from November to April

Artist of the Week: Lindsay Jacobs

Artist of the Week: Lindsay Jacobs

Above is one of Lindsay’s favorite pieces of art. One that she created with acrylic paint.

Credit: Lindsay Jacobs

Credit: Lindsay Jacobs

Credit: Lindsay Jacobs

Lily Tardif

Senior Lindsay Jacobs has been creating art for as long as she can remember. What started out as painting with her family has turned into one of her favorite pastimes. Crafts with her family fostered a love for art that is still with her to this day.

“When I was really young I started doing art with my mom, my dad and my brother,” Jacobs said. “My brother wasn’t very into it, but I could always sit and draw for hours.”

Jacobs has come a long way from doing crafts in her kitchen with her family. She has taken many art classes and is currently enrolled in AP Art. Jacobs feels very lucky to be part of the amazing art community here at WHS.

One of her favorite things about art at Wayland is how lenient the teachers are with interpreting the assignments. Jacobs enjoys being able to portray things how she sees them and not being restricted to certain designs or materials.

“We will all be doing the same project but we get to add our own twist to it, and [the teachers] are flexible with the materials we have. Wayland is so lucky to have so much access to things that other schools can’t get,” Jacobs said.

Pictured above is a portrait of Jacobs and a friend. According to Jacobs, this painting is one of her favorites because it shows them relaxing in their natural habitat.

Jacobs’ go-to mediums are drawing and painting. Her favorite materials to use are acrylic paint and ink because of how many different ways you can create with such simple materials.

One of her favorite pieces is a piece she made based off of a photograph of her and her best friend.

“It was a picture we took a while ago in the summer when we were super happy,” Jacobs said. “It’s really outdoorsy, and it really captures what we are and what we represent.”

Jacobs does not want to stop art after high school because of how positively it has affected her life.

“One thing that I’m looking at for college and for my future in general, is to be an art teacher because it seems like the coolest job ever, and it has a lot of opportunities. It would make me super happy,” Jacobs said.

Lily Tardif, Staff Reporter

Lily Tardif is a staff reporter. She is a junior and this is her first year with WSPN. Lily plays lacrosse, field hockey, and runs indoor track for Wayland....