WW ’18: A cappella performs (video)

Wayland High School’s three a cappella groups, the Muses, the T-Tones, and the Madrigals, took the stage on Friday, Feb. 2. The groups performed three songs each.

The Muses introduced the concert with Beyonce’s “Crazy in Love,” which was soloed by junior Clara Hurney.  Next was a group number of “Born this Way,” by Lady Gaga, and the Muses finished off their performance with “Put Your Records On,” by Corinne Bailey Rae, soloed by seniors Jen Curran and Maya Anand.

This was followed by the Madrigals, who first performed Pentatonix’s  “Love You Long time,” which sophomore Samantha Potter soloed. Next was was “Vengase,” by Rawayana, and “Weight in Gold,” by Gallant. The former was soloed by freshman Matias Salama and sophomore Ciara Murphy; Emma DiIanni soloed the latter. The final number, titled “Where Are The Love?” was a group number, and consisted of three songs: “I Need Your Love,” by Calvin Harris, “Where Are You Now?” by Justin Bieber, and “In The Name of Love,” by Bebe Rexha and Calvin Harris.  

The T-Tones closed out the show with a medley of Kanye West songs that included “Amazing,” “Stronger” and “Power,” which were soloed by Kanming Xu, Will Barton, and Nick Smith. The next number, “Parting Glass” was the group’s signature song. The T-Tones then performed a medley of Jason Mraz’s “I Won’t Give Up” and Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect.” The group closed off the concert with the hit song “Believer” by Imagine Dragons. This was soloed by directors Zach Knapp and Will Danforth.