WW ’18: A cappella performs (video)

Wayland High School’s three a cappella groups, the Muses, the T-Tones, and the Madrigals, took the stage on Friday, Feb. 2. The groups performed three songs each.

The Muses introduced the concert with Beyonce’s “Crazy in Love,” which was soloed by junior Clara Hurney.  Next was a group number of “Born this Way,” by Lady Gaga, and the Muses finished off their performance with “Put Your Records On,” by Corinne Bailey Rae, soloed by seniors Jen Curran and Maya Anand.

This was followed by the Madrigals, who first performed Pentatonix’s  “Love You Long time,” which sophomore Samantha Potter soloed. Next was was “Vengase,” by Rawayana, and “Weight in Gold,” by Gallant. The former was soloed by freshman Matias Salama and sophomore Ciara Murphy; Emma DiIanni soloed the latter. The final number, titled “Where Are The Love?” was a group number, and consisted of three songs: “I Need Your Love,” by Calvin Harris, “Where Are You Now?” by Justin Bieber, and “In The Name of Love,” by Bebe Rexha and Calvin Harris.  

The T-Tones closed out the show with a medley of Kanye West songs that included “Amazing,” “Stronger” and “Power,” which were soloed by Kanming Xu, Will Barton, and Nick Smith. The next number, “Parting Glass” was the group’s signature song. The T-Tones then performed a medley of Jason Mraz’s “I Won’t Give Up” and Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect.” The group closed off the concert with the hit song “Believer” by Imagine Dragons. This was soloed by directors Zach Knapp and Will Danforth.

About the Writers
Julia Callini, Broadcast Editor

Julia Callini, class of 2020, is ecstatic to be back at WSPN as broadcast editor. This is her second year on staff, and she cannot wait to learn more about journalism, photography, videography and more.  In her free time, she likes to read, write, discover new music, hike, play with her dog, watch good and bad movies, explore, travel and go on adventures.

Contact: [email protected]

Nathan Zhao, Editor-in-Chief

Nathan Zhao, class of 2019, is a co-editor-in-chief of WSPN. This is his fourth year on staff. Previously to becoming EIC, Nathan served as the news section editor for two years. Outside of WSPN, Nathan cross-country skis and rows for Wayland High School and Wayland-Weston Crew. He is captain of the speech and debate and MUN teams at WHS. Nathan also serves as the class of 2019’s Treasurer and is an Eagle Scout. In his free time, he enjoys debating, camping and eating sushi.

Contact: [email protected]

Jackie Stoller, Sports Editor

Jackie Stoller is a senior and a third year journalist for WSPN. She has been a staff reporter and a copy editor, and this year she is a sports editor. In her free time, she plays for the varsity lacrosse and basketball teams.