• Math department goes back on newly instituted policy, will hand out tests to students

• Boys' basketball wins Bellingham tournament, improves to 4-2

• School Committee violated state law according to state attorney general Maura Healey

News Brief: NHS hosts charity event for cancer

The Commons at WHS. Wayland's chapter of the National Honor Society will host a charity event featuring numerous golfing games and carnival events dedicated toward cancer care and research. The event will begin at 10 a.m. on Oct. 20. “This is a really great opportunity to support the fight against cancer,” Wayland NHS President and senior Matthew Karle said.

Caterina Tomassini

For the first time, the National Honors Society (NHS) will be holding a charity event called “Putting for Patients” in conjunction with the Jimmy Fund. The event will take place at Wayland High School on Saturday, Oct. 20 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will include a mini-golf course, a bake sale, a putting contest, face painting and raffles.

Tickets are priced at $10 for students and $15 for adults, and all proceeds will go directly to the Jimmy Fund, a charity that raises money to support adult and pediatric cancer care and research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, Massachusetts.

“This is a really great opportunity to support the fight against cancer,” Wayland NHS senior president Matthew Karle said. “[NHS] encourage[s] you to grab a friend and swing by.”

Caterina Tomassini, Staff Reporter

Caterina Tomassini, class of 2021, is a second-year reporter for WSPN. She enjoys playing volleyball for the school team and her club team. In addition,...

1 Comment

One Response to “News Brief: NHS hosts charity event for cancer”

1. Democratic Republican on October 18th, 2018 9:43 PM

Thank you, Mr. President!!!

• News Brief: NHS hosts charity event for cancer

Tackling the Midterm Exam

Freshman Q&A

Survival Guide: Language

Survival Guide: History

Survival Guide: Math

Survival Guide: English

Survival Guide: Biology

Survival Guide: Chemistry

Survival Guide: Physics

Midterms by the numbers