MOTS: 2018 World Series Champions

Credit: Flickr user Keith Allison

The Boston Red Sox celebrates a win against the Baltimore Orioles this past August. Last week, the Red Sox brought the World Series trophy home after a five game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers. WHS students share their reactions to the World Series and a record-breaking Red Sox season.

Isabella Arenas

Finishing the season with a 108-54 record, the Boston Red Sox closed out their 2018 MLB season by winning the World Series in five games (4-1) against the Los Angeles Dodgers. WSPN caught up with students to collect reactions to the victory.

Samantha Neuman, senior

How do you feel about the Red Sox winning?
“I feel great about the Red Sox winning, and I actually kind of want[ed] to go to the parade.”

Did you expect the Red Sox to win?
“I expected them to win because we’re kind of the GOATs, so obviously.”

Marco Alvino, freshman

“I think they deserved to win the World Series. They played well, they worked hard, and they practiced a lot.”

Did you expect the Red Sox to win?
“I expected them to win. As I said, they were working hard, harder than most teams, and they really deserved the win in the end.”

Caroline Raymond, junior

“I was really glad that they won, and I was really happy for them because I live here.”

Did you expect the Red Sox to win?
“Definitely because they worked hard and they won a lot of games this season.”

Owen Smith, junior

“I am so thrilled, I’m just so happy and excited. It just really made my year.”

Did you expect the Red Sox to win?
“I think I definitely expected this because they were really out there playing baseball the hardest.”

Nate L’Esperance, senior

“It’s awesome, I love it.”

Did you expect the Red Sox to win?
“Yeah, for the most part. I mean, there are obviously some doubts because it is a World Series game and it is like the epitome of what strong baseball is. I feel like our biggest challenge was Houston, and we beat them pretty well.”

Annabelle Cummings, sophomore

“I was really happy because my dad works for them so it’s a good ‘hype’ thing for our family.”

Did you expect the Red Sox to win?
“Yes, they were doing [well] all season and so was L.A., but we started winning early on so I figured we would just carry through.”

Martina Riascos, freshman

“I’m happy they won because they haven’t won in a few years, so it was a good change.”

Did you expect the Red Sox to win?
“Yeah because they worked really hard all season and definitely put in the work. As time went on, you could tell that they were improving a lot.”