News Brief: Three assistant principal finalists visit WHS

Credit: John Phelan [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)]

Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School, where the new WHS Assistant Principal Laura Cole currently works. Cole will replace James Nocito and begin at WHS in the summer.

Kevin Wang

Three finalists for the vacant assistant principal position pending James Nocito’s upcoming retirement visited WHS on Thursday, March 21 after an interview process with six to eight candidates from March 13-14. The three candidates to emerge were Jeffrey Becker of Boston Green Academy, Laura Cole of Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School and Sean Gass of Salem Academy Charter School.

Below are short descriptions of each candidate’s credentials with information included from a school-wide email by WHS Principal Allyson Mizoguchi.

Jeffrey Becker

Becker is currently the assistant headmaster at the Boston Green Academy in Brighton, MA. Previously, Becker was a history teacher and the dean of academics at Trinity Catholic High School in Newton, MA for 14 years and also an assistant corporation counsel for Boston Public Schools. Becker has a B.A. in history and political science from Boston College and a J.D. from Suffolk University.

Laura Cole

Cole is currently the coordinator of the counseling department at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School. Cole has been a member of the guidance team at LSRHS since 2012. Cole has a B.A. in sociology with a concentration in human services from Framingham State College, a Master of Education in education organizational management from Endicott College and a Master of Education in school guidance counseling from Cambridge College.

Sean Gass

Gass is currently the head of the upper school at Salem Academy Charter School in Salem, MA. Previously, Gass was an English and humanities teacher, department head and teacher-coach in San Francisco secondary schools. Gass has a B.A. in English from Hamilton College, a Master of Education in multicultural urban secondary English and a Master of Education in education administration, both master’s degrees coming from the University of California at Berkeley.