News Brief: Student Council to host Lip Sync Battle

Credit: Meredith Prince

Posters advertising the Lip Sync Battle are posted throughout the school for students who are interested.

Meredith Prince

Student Council is hosting a schoolwide lip sync competition in the WHS theater on Monday, Oct. 21 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The lip sync sign-ups took place during all lunches in the Commons over the past week and will end Friday, Oct. 11. 

Students can perform as individuals or as a part of a group. Each performance will be between 60 and 90 seconds, and Student Council will hold a dress rehearsal prior to the performance. This event is a fundraiser for Spirit Week, so Student Council hopes many students will buy tickets. The competition is open to both students and teachers. Tickets will be sold on from Wednesday, Oct. 16 to Friday, Oct. 18 in the Commons. Tickets are being sold for $3 at the table and will be $5 at the door.

As part of the fundraiser, Student Council will have jars at the table during all lunches. In these jars, you can vote on which teacher you’d like to see perform at the Lip Sync Competition. The top 3 jars with the most money will perform. You can bet as little or as much money on the teachers participating.