ICYMI: Week of November 7 – School Committee meeting, peer mediation program and semi-formal

Credit: Nat Hsu

Nadya Chase

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” News Editor Nadya Chase summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

News:

WSPN’s Aimee Smith reported on the Wayland mock trial team winning the Garden City Tournament, and created an infographic about Veterans Day celebrations at WHS.

Staff Reporter Tina Su shared the impact of late buses on WHS students. Meanwhile, Co-Editor-in-Chief Genevieve Morrison reported on the School Committee meeting on Thursday, Nov. 10.

Features:

WSPN’s Nina Wilson reported on the peer mediation program launching at WHS.

“Whether or not you find yourself sitting beside a peer mediator sometime soon, the program hopes to erase the stigma around resolving a conflict, one student at a time,” Wilson wrote.

Sports:

Editor Delia Caulfield recapped the boys varsity soccer game against Somerville on Monday, Nov. 7.

“Though it was a hard fought game on both sides of the field, the Warriors were ultimately victorious,” Caulfield wrote.

Multimedia:

Staff Reporters Mischa Lee and Carolina Sdoia photographed the varsity volleyball game against Bedford. Co-Editor-in-Chief Emily Roberge, Morrison and Co-Editor Charlotte Thirman produced a gallery about the sophomore semi-formal.

Smith, along with WSPN’s Nadya Chase and Katya Luzarraga, took photos of the best Halloween decorations around Wayland. Staff Reporter Emma Zocco photographed the field hockey game against Arlington.

A&E:

Editor Talia Macchi, along with Staff Reporters Hallie Luo and Penelope Biddle, reviewed Midnights by Taylor Swift. Meanwhile, Staff Reporter Mischa Lee shared the top trends of fall 2022.

Opinion:

WSPN’s Bella Schreiber wrote about the Kanye West controversy. Meanwhile, Editor Katya Luzarraga shared her opinion about the impact of dogs on mental health.

Broadcast:

Roberge and Morrison interviewed sophomore dates at sophomore semi-formal. Staff Reporters Lucy Grasso, Abby Raftery and Morgen Warner spoke about the fall play and November art exhibit in episode 63 of Weekly Breakdown.