News Brief: Spring week

From+April+10+to+April+14%2C+spring+week+will+be+held+to+kick+off+the+start+of+spring.+Many+events+will+be+taking+place%2C+which+all+WHS+students+are+welcomed+to+attend.+

From April 10 to April 14, spring week will be held to kick off the start of spring. Many events will be taking place, which all WHS students are welcomed to attend.

Talia Macchi

After a two year hiatus, Wayland High School’s annual spring week is back. Student council put this week together to kick off fourth quarter and the beginning of spring. From April 10 to April 14, there will be various activities held for all WHS students.

Spring week will start off on Monday with a movie night at 5:30 p.m. in the auditorium, followed by a Spikeball tournament at 7:30 p.m. in the field house, and all WHS students are welcome to attend. At 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, the WHS orchestra will put on a concert in the auditorium. The orchestra has been preparing all winter for this concert, and their performance will be featuring senior soloists. On Wednesday, a student versus faculty volleyball game will take place right after school in the field house.

Throughout the week, a scavenger hunt will be taking place. Groups of five will complete various challenges, some of which will be held at WHS and others at places around Wayland. The hunt begins immediately after school on Thursday, April 6, and it ends at noon on Friday, April 14. An app called “Scavos” will be used to view the challenges and mark them as completed. The team with the most completed challenges will win and receive a prize.

“We hope you’ll have a ton of fun with this event,” student council advisor and English teacher John Keene said.