News Brief: Window Dance Ensemble hosts Memorial Day show

Wayland+High+School%E2%80%99s+Window+Dance+Ensemble+will+host+its+spring+show+show+on+Monday%2C+May+25+at+7+p.m.+in+the+high+school+auditorium.+It+will+be+the+group%E2%80%99s+last+performance+of+the+year.+

Credit: Sasha Libenzon

Wayland High School’s Window Dance Ensemble will host its spring show show on Monday, May 25 at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium. It will be the group’s last performance of the year.

Selena Liu

After many months of preparation, Wayland High School’s Window Dance Ensemble will host its annual spring show on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25, at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium. It will be the group’s last performance of the year. The entire show is choreographed by Window members, and directed by senior directors Nina Wilson, Olivia Tawakol and Rachel Snyder.

Tickets can be pre-ordered online, or bought at the door. For students, tickets are $8 when pre-ordered and $10 when bought at the door. They are $15 for adults no matter the method of payment.

“This performance is really special because it’s mine and the [other] seniors’ last performance and we’re really excited about the theme,” Snyder said.

The show’s theme is “Time,” and will feature numbers from the ballet, jazz, lyrical, contemporary, hip hop, and fosse genres. There will be of 14 dance numbers with an intermission in between.

“I’m excited to dance with my friends one last time,” Snyder said.