News+Brief

Credit: Theo Ghosh

News Editor Selena Liu informs readers of schedule changes for this upcoming week.

Selena Liu

On Tuesday, June 6 and Wednesday, June 7, freshmen will take the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) exam. Testing will occur during the first three blocks of each day in the math wing, meaning students who are not taking MCAS will have their language classroom relocated during the MCAS testing period. Additionally, students will not be allowed to linger in the math wing and must be silent when passing it.

Due to MCAS testing, schedules have been adjusted. On Tuesday, which is a A day, there will be no advisory and classes will be run in a different order: six, seven, three, five, one and two. This means that blocks 1 and 5 will swap, and blocks 2 and 6 will swap.

Additionally, all juniors will participate in Career Day on Wednesday, June 7. During the first three blocks, juniors will not attend class. Instead, they will meet with local professionals in small groups in three separate sessions. During advisory on Monday, they will be given the locations of their groups.

“If you have any questions about the week ahead, please ask an administrator or counselor,” WHS Principal Allyson Mizoguchi wrote in an email to students.