The student news site of Wayland High School

Wayland Student Press

Updates
The student news site of Wayland High School

Wayland Student Press

The student news site of Wayland High School

Wayland Student Press

Weston School of Driving
Revolution Prep

Ready to unlock your potential? Whether tutoring or test prep, we’ve got you covered. Check out our low-stress, high-impact approach to academic support—just as individualized as you are.

Follow us on Instagram
Advertisement
On Monday, June 10, the annual Underclassmen Awards ceremony took place inside of WHSs auditorium.

I think that these awards bring motivation to [WHS] students to preform well academically, Sophomore Rufat Hasanov said.
WHS hosts the annual Underclassman Awards ceremony
June 15, 2024
Stay Informed with WSPN With Our Newsletter

The Wayland Cultural Council through the utility box project

The Wayland Cultural Council (WCC) is a branch of the Massachusetts Cultural Council dedicated to enriching the community and introducing new cultures to the town. The Massachusetts Cultural Council was founded in 1990 and has set up branches in several towns, including Wayland. The WCC receives a set amount of money from the state government each year, and 80% percent of the funds are dedicated to grants which anyone in the town can apply for. The remaining 20% is used for a project of the council’s choosing, such as the utility box painting project that the WCC is currently working on. Join WSPN’s Maddie Zajac and Ryan Chase as they interview WCC Treasurer Naresh Mysore, WCC Chair Rachel Sideman-Kurtz and senior WCC liaison Annabelle Zhang about the importance of the WCC and the process of running the utility box project.

 

Leave a Comment
Donate to Wayland Student Press
$235
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wayland High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, cover our annual website hosting costs and sponsor admission and traveling costs for the annual JEA journalism convention.

More to Discover
About the Contributors
Maddie Zajac
Maddie Zajac, Staff Reporter
Maddie Zajac, Class of 2026, is a first year reporter for WSPN. She plays on the Wayland junior varsity volleyball team during the fall. Outside of school she enjoys club volleyball, painting, baking and spending lots of time with her friends. Contact: [email protected]
Ryan Chase
Ryan Chase, Assistant Social Media Editor
Ryan Chase, Class of 2026, is a second year reporter and assistant social media editor for WSPN. He is an alpine skier for WHS during the winter. Outside of school he enjoys water sports, skiing, spending time with friends and watching movies. Contact: [email protected]
Donate to Wayland Student Press
$235
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Wayland Student Press Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *