ICYMI: June 10 - The Class of 2024s graduation, volleyball state championship and Junes Fashionista of the Month
ICYMI: June 10 - The Class of 2024's graduation, volleyball state championship and June's Fashionista of the Month
June 17, 2024

Stepping up your skincare products

Join+Makenzie+Macchi+as+she+discusses+her+favorite+skincare+products.+
Join Makenzie Macchi as she discusses her favorite skincare products.

A good skincare routine is crucial to the health of our skin. It’s a nice and relaxing way to start or end our long days. However, there are so many different products to choose from which can make it overwhelming. Here are a few recommendations for every step of a perfect skincare routine.

Make-up removers:

Micellar water:

This water-based makeup remover gently cleans the skin, making it great for skin that can be sensitive. It is very soothing, refreshing and hydrating.

Cleansing balm:

Watch your makeup melt away when using this nourishing cleansing balm. This product will efficiently take off your makeup while also leaving your skin feeling hydrated and silky smooth.

Cleansers:

Youth to the People Superfood Cleanser

Bringing youth to the people is really what this product does. This gentle gel cleanser consists of antioxidants, which help give your skin the best cleanse. The fresh smell evokes the feeling that you are at a spa, immediately making you more relaxed and calm as you apply it.

PanOxyl

This maximum-strength foaming cleanser works to unclog pores. This product gently gets rid of any dirt or excess oil that might be on your skin from the day, helping to clear up acne and blemishes.

Toners:

Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner

Feeling sweet? This watermelon-infused toner, which can be used daily on all skin types, will help hydrate dull skin and minimize the appearance of pores. This toner is alcohol-free and has an herbal scent with a fruity finish.

Charlotte Tilbury Daily Glow Toner with Niacinamide

This acid-free toner is great for all skin types. It is a fabulous everyday toner that exfoliates your skin and reduces the appearance of redness, ultimately giving your skin a radiant glow.

Sunscreens:

Supergoop Glow Screen

This glowy sunscreen provides you with not only Sun Protection Factor (SPF) but also leaves your skin with a radiant and glowy finish. This sunscreen is tinted, meaning it comes in various different tones depending on how bronzed you want to be. This is also a great product to put on before you do your makeup, since it can act as a primer.

Kosas Mini DreamBeam Silicone-Free Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40 with Ceramides and Peptides

Do you want flawless makeup? If you do, then use this sunscreen before you apply your makeup. It will melt right into the skin, making your makeup look seamless. This sunscreen will also visibly brighten up your skin and help with signs of aging.

Moisturizers:

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Creme Moisturizer

This rich, creamy moisturizer is amazing for your everyday routine. The formula is extremely hydrating and will help with fine lines and wrinkles. This moisturizer will leave your skin feeling softer and smoother than ever before.

Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer

Did someone say luxurious? Well, this moisturizer is definitely that. It will leave your skin feeling like a million bucks. The plumping and hydrating formula makes it perfect for dry skin. This cream seals in moisture, causing your skin to feel extra dewy and bouncy after application. Although it might be on the pricier side, I would say it is definitely worth purchasing.

Serums:

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum

This lightweight serum will leave your skin looking flawless in no time. The use of hyaluronic acid and B5 ingredients helps with locking in water and moisture, making your skin look healthier.

Glow Recipe: Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum

This serum shows off the “glow” in Glow Recipe. This product will leave your skin with a reflective glow. The niacinamide in it improves the appearance of discoloration and texture on the skin while also reducing the appearance of pores. This product is also great to use before your makeup routine, as it will help your makeup go on smoother.

Lip products:

Summer Fridays Lip Butters:

Who doesn’t love a Friday in the summer? They’re just perfect. Just like these infamous silky lip butters. They come in various different colors and flavors for whatever mood you might be in, all with a glossy finish. The natural ingredients in the balms will nourish your lips, making them look very healthy and hydrated.

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: Intense Hydration with Vitamin C

This overnight lip mask delivers intense moisture, so your lips will look and feel extremely moisturized in the morning. This product also comes in many colors and flavors.

Other:

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream

Is your skin feeling extra dry? Well, this night cream will help! This moisturizing mask is not only great for hydration but also helps brighten and soften your skin. This product goes on like a moisturizer and will have you waking up with ultra-hydrated skin, ready to take on the day.

SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray

After you cleanse and dry your face, mist this daily face spray on it, as it will help soothe and purify your skin. This product specializes in supporting your skin barrier, calming your skin and minimizing flare-ups.

AM vs. PM skincare order by Makenzie Macchi