Students react to the new iPhone iOS 10 Update

Jackie Stoller and Audrey Camacho

img_6358-1
Nicholas Bobronnikov
Sophomore
“I don’t think it is a very good update, and I don’t like the emojis. My friends have it but I don’t want to download it yet. The emojis and the glitches are preventing me from getting it.”
_dsc0207
Juliet Nadeau
Junior
“I haven’t updated my iPhone yet because I’m not sure if I want to. I’ve heard both good things and bad things about it. A lot of people like it but other people are like ‘Oh, I hate it.’ So, I’m not sure. Some people like the new texting thing you can do but then some people don’t like the new emojis.”
_dsc0204
Caroline Lampert
Freshman
“I like it because it’s new and turns on right as you grab it. I [also] really like the new notification box.”
img_6355-1
Rosie Kiefer
Sophomore
“I have the update because my friends got it and they told me to get it as well. I really like the way it looks, and also it is more efficient. Instead of sliding to open your phone you just tap it which is way easier. There isn’t anything that stands out to me that would make me not like it.”
img_6357-1
Yaniv Goren
Junior
“I think that it changed very little. I mean, obviously there are some things that changed synthetically. But, other than that, functionally, I didn’t see any big changes. So I can’t say I have a strong opinion aesthetically.”
img_6353-1
Ellery Kiefer
Senior
“I like some of it; the drawing stuff is pretty weird. I didn’t realize that if you draw something it automatically sends. So it was kind of awkward when I sent a bunch of random drawings and messages. But overall I really like it.”