• Exhibition days (June 19, 21) and final exams (June 20, 22) to take place

• WMS teachers Donna Sumner and Rob Reddington to retire

• Boys' volleyball falls to Chelmsford

• Girls' lacrosse advances to Northeast Division II Finals

• Girls' lightweight 4+ boat wins national championship

• Sophomores to hold class barbecue on June 15

Fifth annual Pam’s Run to be held at Claypit Hill School

Pictured above is the 2016 WHS girls' soccer team and coaches before the 4th annual Pam's Run last year. This year, the race will be held on Sunday, October 15 at Claypit Hill School. “It’s a great way to get involved and help with community service,

Pictured above is the 2016 WHS girls' soccer team and coaches before the 4th annual Pam's Run last year. This year, the race will be held on Sunday, October 15 at Claypit Hill School. “It’s a great way to get involved and help with community service," WHS girls' soccer captain Kayla Mabe said.

Credit: Masha Yakhkind

Credit: Masha Yakhkind

Wayland participants will gather to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the creation of Pam’s Run with food, fun, and of course, a race. The race, located at Claypit Hill, raises money for the charity Neighbor Brigade.

Five years ago, Pam’s Run was created and has been bringing the community closer ever since. In 2012, Pam Washek lost the battle to cancer. Her family and friends came together with Neighbor Brigade to form the annual 5k and 10k road race which will be held this year on Sunday Oct. 15, at 10 a.m.

The Neighbor Brigade was founded by Pam Washek. The mission statement of the organization is, “Neighbor Brigade establishes community-specific networks of volunteers that can be mobilized to help residents facing sudden crisis manage day-to-day tasks such as meal preparation, rides, and basic household chores.”

All proceeds and donations from the race are used for distributing meals, aiding in transportation, and other services. WHS girls’ soccer athletes participate in Pam’s Run by volunteering their time or by running in the race themselves.

“I think [Pam’s Run is] important because it is Wayland based. [It’s important] to make sure that there is a tradition in what service you do, so that you [form] a bond with the event. We like helping out in the community,” WHS girls’ varsity soccer captain Kayla Mabe said. “It’s a great way to get involved and help with community service. It’s a fun way for us to bond and help out [Neighbor Brigade].”

A Zinneken’s Waffle Truck and live music will be at Claypit Hill School where the start and finish line are for the race. The race kicks off at 10 a.m on Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017. Pam’s Run was voted one of the top ten road races in Massachusetts and had more than 700 participants last year.

Even though Pam’s Run was brought on by a sad event, it brings an entire town together to celebrate.

“It’s about bringing the community together, and making sure everyone is aware of what they’re raising money for,” Mabe said. “I really think [our participation] creates a bond between the community and [the] event as well.”

For more information about Pam’s Run and the Neighbor Brigade, please visit http://pamsrun.com/