MOTS: Students react to Super Bowl LII

Abby Mitty and Caitlin Newton

Credit: Abby Mitty
Owen Smith, sophomore
“I was like, ‘This is gonna be fun! I hope we win.’ I was pretty disappointed when we lost, but it’s not the end of the world. I was disappointed [then], but I’m fine now. Next year we will probably do well.”
Credit: Abby Mitty
Meredith Prince, freshman
“I thought that we were a lot better than the Eagles and that it would be an easy win, but obviously it wasn’t. I think the Patriots went in with the thought that they were going to win, so they didn’t play their best. Also, our defense sucked, so it was really sad.”
Credit: Abby Mitty
Peter Wolff, senior
“I didn’t really think a lot about it, I just knew that the Patriots were gonna do their thing. But, I don’t think this loss really did anything to Brady’s legacy because he did so well. The defense just played horrendously. However, I think we possibly have a chance of making the Super Bowl next year.”
Credit: Abby Mitty
Alexandra Kennedy, sophomore
“I kind of knew the Eagles were going to win because everyone was doubting them. It was sad and I was upset.”
Credit: Abby Mitty
Corrine Neumeyer, junior
“Going into the Super Bowl, I was kind of confident about winning because we’ve made so many comebacks. Especially because of the game before and the last Super Bowl, I thought we could make another comeback. I wasn’t 100% sure we would win, but I believed in us. Then after I was disappointed.”

Credit: Abby Mitty
Josh Brient, sophomore
“I thought that we were going to win because the Pats were doing pretty well all season, but it didn’t work out. Honestly, I think [The Patriots] are not going to come back as strong next season, but might do better the year after next.”
Credit: Abby Mitty
Rylan Peter, junior
“I assumed that we would win because we’ve always won before. I [was] disappointed, but it wasn’t just one person’s fault. It wasn’t just Tom Brady’s fault, it was kind of the whole team. I felt like we were kind of having a bad game.”

Credit: Abby Mitty
Josh Goodman, senior
“I thought the Super Bowl was not going to be won by the Patriots, contrary to popular belief, because [Philadelphia] demolished the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC Championship. Any team in the conference championship is good, and [the Eagles] walked right through them. After that I was like, ‘Oh, we’re going to lose.’ I didn’t say that because everyone gets mad when the Patriots lose, but I thought they were going to lose and they did. It stinks. We made it to the Super Bowl which is good, and it’s great to come to school the next day when everyone is stoked because we won the Super Bowl. Also, it’s fun to go to the parade, but it doesn’t affect me that much. It’s just a game.”