News Brief: Spirit Day schedule for Wednesday, Nov. 25

On Wednesday, Nov. 25, students and faculty will log onto their advisorys Zoom to participate in virtual Spirit Day.

Credit: Elizabeth Zhong

On Wednesday, Nov. 25, students and faculty will log onto their advisory’s Zoom to participate in virtual Spirit Day.

Taylor McGuire

Unlike the typical pep rally and many in-person competitions, Spirit Day will be held virtually this year to ensure the safety of everyone.

On Wednesday, Nov. 25 at 8:35 a.m., students will log into their advisory’s Zoom, and they will prepare for their upcoming rotations for 25 minutes. At 9:00 a.m., students and staff will make their way to their first rotation. There will be separate Zoom links sent out for each rotation.

The first rotation will last from 9:10 a.m. – 9:45 a.m., the second will be from 10:00 a.m. – 10:35 a.m., the third will be at 10:50 a.m. – 11:25 a.m. and the final rotation will be from 11:40 a.m. – 12:15 a.m.

There will be 15-minute breaks between each rotation to give students time to get logged on to their next activity and to give everyone a quick screen break.

Students can expect activities such as song recognition, Family Feud, Pictionary and more. Everyone is encouraged to wear their grade’s assigned colors and get creative with their virtual background on Zoom. As a reminder, seniors are orange and black, juniors are red, sophomores are blue and freshmen are green.