News Brief: Cohort B to attend school in-person on Monday, Dec. 21 and Tuesday, Dec. 22

The Wayland School Committee decided to have Cohort B attend school in-person on Monday, Dec. 21 and Tuesday, Dec. 22 in order to equalize the amount of days that each Cohort goes to school in-person. With this change, Cohort B will only miss one day in-person compared to Cohort A.

Credit: Taylor McGuire

Taylor McGuire

In order to make Cohort A’s days learning on campus equal to Cohort B’s days of in-person learning, the Wayland School Committee has voted to have Cohort A stay remote during the week of Dec. 21, and Cohort B will take their place on Monday and Tuesday.

This decision comes after the realization that due to holidays and school closures, Cohort B students were attending school physically a significantly smaller amount of days than the students in Cohort A. Superintendent Arthur Unobskey recommended that the School Committee take a second look at things.

“This has been done in order to rebalance the number of in-person days because vacation days throughout the year are falling disproportionately on Cohort B days,” Unobskey said.

This alteration will give Cohort A students 60 days of in-person learning and Cohort B will have 59 days of in-person learning, assuming there are no more school closures for contact tracing or issues associated with inclement weather.