News Brief: Spirit Week

Credit: Theo Ghosh

News Editor Nadya Chase informs readers about the schedule changes occurring this week.

Delia Caulfield

Student Council will run its annual Spirit Week starting Monday, Nov. 21. The week will include three psyches as well as color blast and a jam-packed special schedule on Wednesday.

Each day of the week will have a specific psych, allowing students to dress up in fun outfits with their classmates. On Monday, the psyche will be pajama day, meaning students can show up to school in comfy clothing of their choice. Tuesday, the psyche will be twin day, so students can match their outfits with their peers. Finally, Wednesday is Spirit Day, and students will dress up in their assigned grade color. Freshmen will dress in green, sophomores will dress in blue, juniors will dress in red and seniors will dress in orange and black.

Additionally, there will be all-school activities throughout the week for students to participate in. On Monday, Color Blast will take place. Each grade will have an assigned hallway in the school to decorate in their class color. Color Blast will take place after school from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the academic building. On Tuesday, Student Council will hold a Movie Night in the auditorium and will be showing Avengers: Endgame. Tickets will be on sale at lunches until Monday for $5 and will be sold at the door for $7. Finally, after school on Wednesday, the Wayland High School senior girls will battle Weston in the annual Powderpuff game. This game will take place at Weston High School.

Throughout the week, grades will compete against each one another for points and at the end of the week, one grade will be declared the winner. Students will travel with their advisories for the entire day on Wednesday and compete in activities such as Pictionary, Coke and Pepsi, “Are you Smarter Than a Freshman” and “Guess that Song.” Students will also have the opportunity to participate in activities at the all-school pep rally, such as tug of war, a relay race and musical chairs.