25 Days of Cookies: Swedish Chocolate Balls
December 7, 2012
Swedish Chocolate Balls
Cook Time: 20 mins
3 1/4 cups oats
1 1/4 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, added with the coffee)
2/3 cup butter
6 tablespoons cold coffee
Flaked coconut or pearl sugar
1. Mix oats, sugar, vanilla sugar and cocoa in a large bowl.
2. Using your hands or a potato masher, incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients until the dough has an even consistency.
3. Add the coffee and mix until incorporated.
4. Fill a small bowl with flaked coconut or pearl sugar.
5. With your hands, roll the dough into 3 cm (1 inch) diameter balls.
6. Roll each ball in the coconut or pearl sugar and place on a tray
7. Chill chocolate balls for at least one hour before serving.