ICYMI: Week of June 13 – Title IX, student budgeting and WHS cell phone usage

Credit: Nat Hsu

Nadya Chase

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” News Editor Nadya Chase summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

News:

Co-Editor-in-Chief Emily Roberge, along with WSPN’s Lucy Grasso, Delia Caulfield and Tess Alongi, produced a maestro about Title IX. Staff Reporter Tina Su wrote about the I AM Bill. WSPN’s Alyssa Ao and Reva Datar wrote about the proposal of a mandatory race class at WHS.

Features:

Staff Reporters Tina Su, Selena Liu and Mischa Lee reported on student budgeting at Wayland High School. Staff Reporter Annabelle Zhang shared the Wayland Public Library’s goal to share the stories of Chinese heritage. Zhang and WSPN’s Aimee Smith interviewed STEMS representatives about their hopes and goals for the business.

Sports:

WSPN’s Bella Schreiber shared her opinion on Brittney Griner and double standards within sports.

“With everyone working together we can fix the negative mindset we put on women’s sports and instead, celebrate both hard working female and male athletes,” Schreiber wrote.

Multimedia:

Co-Editor-in-Chief Genevieve Morrison, along with Co-Editor Charlotte Thirman and WSPN’s Olivia Tawakol, produced a video about cell phone usage at Wayland High School. Meanwhile, Staff Reporter Penelope Biddle shared a gallery about the WHSTE senior one-acts.

A&E:

Staff Reporter Mischa Lee reviewed Tate McRae’s new album, “i used to think i could fly.” Editor Talia Macchi highlighted history teacher Laine Winokur in this month’s edition of Fashionista of the Month. Staff Reporter Kris Poole-Evans interviewed Tristen Chow in this month’s edition of Artist of the Month.

Poole-Evans also reported on the WHS Cooking Club’s end of year cook-off. Guest Reporter Heather Lui wrote about the Honors Script to Screen class holding its 10th annual Movie Festival.

Broadcast:

Staff Reporters Ari Zukerman and Jayant Kuppuswamy interviewed WHS students about their opinions on Elon Musk.

In this podcast, WSPN reporters Jayant Kuppuswamy and Ari Zukerman dive into Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk and his purchase of Twitter.