ICYMI: Week of April 22 – Student Council’s Field Night, 2024-2025 SADD leaders and the impact of farmers markets

News brief: What to know about the Wayland v. Boston Latin football game

Credit: Emma Zocco
The Wayland High School football team will play Boston Latin on Friday, Sept. 29 on the WHS turf at 7 p.m. Before the game, there will be food and ice cream trucks sponsored by Wayland-Weston Youth Football and Cheer.

On Friday, Sept. 29, the Wayland High School football team will take on Boston Latin High School at 7 p.m. on Wayland High School’s turf. The Warriors have a 2-1 record and Boston Latin has a 3-0 record.

The Wayland-Weston Youth Football and Cheer (WWYFC) High School Football Night will take place before the game from 5 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. The High School Football Night is a fundraiser for the WWYFC program.

There will be food and ice cream trucks during the WWYFC event, featuring Sam’s Ice Cream, Groton Publick House and Smoke Show BBQ, as well as other activities sponsored by the WWYFC. The WHS concession stand will be closed during the game.

The Wayland fan section is encouraged to wear orange and teal to the game in honor of Eliza J. Norton, who passed away last year.

“[Norton] passed away a year ago and we would like to start the tradition of wearing her special colors,” senior Lilly O’Driscoll wrote in a Facebook post to the ‘WHS Fan Section 2024’ group. “Let’s come together as a community to not only get loud and win, but support Eliza and her loved ones.”