ICYMI: Week of Jan. 15 – Coaches vs. Cancer basketball game, Jindu vs. China Rose and IBL

Credit: Alyssa Ao

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” News Editor Selena Liu summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

News:
Staff Reporter Ainsley Jay wrote about the Wayland High School musicians that qualified for All-States at senior districts. Meanwhile, Staff Reporter Tasha Janoff briefed the Coaches vs. Cancer basketball game.
Opinion:
WSPN’s Chloe Zilembo shared her opinion on Tate McRae becoming the next big pop star.
“McRae has done everything right in her career and has made her claim as one of the most promising up-and-coming artists,” Zilembo wrote. “I look forward to seeing her become the pop music icon I know she will be. The world deserves to see her talent.”
A&E:
WSPN’s Penelope Biddle reviewed recently released movies. Editor Tina Su and WSPN’s Bella Schreiber, Jeffery Zhang and Ryan Chase compared the restaurants Jindu and China Rose. Meanwhile, WSPN’s Mischa Lee and Staff Reporters Jessica Dretler and Melina Barris overviewed 2024 Golden Globe Looks.
Multimedia:
Editor Sasha Libenzon photographed the boys varsity basketball’s game against Westford Academy. Staff Reporters Sofia Cicarelli and Marissa Mendoza produced a gallery on the nordic ski team’s first league race. Meanwhile, Editor Hallie Luo and Libenzon Mic’d Up and produced a gallery on Intramural Basketball League.
Podcast:
Staff Reporter Jane Tardif spotlighted WHS’s Erin Kish on her experience from student to teacher.