Fall sports preview

width=
Above, the boys soccer team is pictured in a past game. This year, the team, as well as all of WHS's fall sports teams, look to have successful seasons.
[/caption]

Field Hockey
After a season last year, making it to tournament, the girls are looking forward to strong leadership from seniors Mary Murray, Samantha Hayward and Maddie Kiefer. The field hockey team is looking to have another successful season.
Players to watch: Gianna Fargnoli (junior) and Emily Barnard (sophomore)

Boys Soccer
After a tough season last year, the boys are looking to bounce back this season. This year, they have a smaller team with many returning seniors and other returning players. The team knows itself well. They certainly have high expectations.
Players to watch: Ben Caples (senior) and Andres Pascual-Leone (junior)

Crew
After a great season last year, in which the boys landed 10th in the National Championships and the girls came in 2nd, the crew teams again have high expectations to continue the repeated success that they have had over the past few years. There has never been a season where the crew teams haven’t gone into the season with state championship expectations.
Players to watch: Doruk Uyar (senior) and Emma Conroy (senior)

Cross Country
Cross country is hoping to have a good rebuilding year under new coach Chris Welch. The team lost a lot of seniors from last year including Greg Karpacz. The returning seniors will have to rally the new team members to victory.
Players to watch: Nick Greenwood (Junior) Sarah Tully (Freshman)

Football
Losing most of their starters and seniors from last season, the football team will have to look for help from the younger grades to repeat their Super Bowl appearance. The starting quarterback has yet to be determined, but expect it to be either junior Robert Jones or junior Blake Welti. The Warriors will look to senior Robert Williams to continue his success on the ground.
Player to watch: Robert Williams (senior)

Girls Soccer
After a playoff loss to Wilmington last year, the girls are back on the field looking for redemption. Although there aren’t any “stars” on the team, a move to Division III has given coach Guy Enoch high expectations for his team.
Player to watch: Michaela Moynihan (senior)

Golf
Even though they were young and inexperienced last year, the golf team still had a winning season. This year, they come in with much higher expectations and expect a deep playoff run under coach TJ Anthoine. The team has six of their eight starters from last year returning.
Player to watch: George Mead (sophomore)

Girls Volleyball
After a season of improvement last year, the girls will be looking to seniors Hannah Kravetz and Alex VanRooyen to provide senior leadership to the relatively young team.
Player to watch: Alex VanRooyen (senior)

$210
$1500