Mirror Mirror: Common Makeup Mistakes

This week, Angela gives tips on how to fix common make up mistakes.

It catches my attention when I see the same mistakes being made all around me, inside school and out. It’s not a big deal because everybody makes mistakes (as Hannah Montana would say). I’m just here to show you how to fix them. Here are some of my makeup pet peeves.

Caked foundation/concealer:
The worst thing to see is a girl walking around with tons of foundation caked onto her face. The point of foundation is for it to look like skin, but with too many layers, it looks like a mask. There is no need for that much product on your face! Less is more. Just find a foundation or concealer with good coverage and lightly apply it, maybe adding an extra layer over blemishes. Use a good buffing brush or damp sponge to blend it all in, and you’re good!

Floating eyeliner:
Please, apply your eyeliner all the way down to the roots of your lash line. When you leave the area around your lashes blank, it makes it look like your eyeliner is just floating around on the eyelid. Fill in those spaces between your lashes, and then apply your eyeliner like normal.

Harsh bronzer:
Bronzer can be so useful. It can subtly make your face appear slimmer, or it can give you a nice tan glow. The key word is “subtly.” It isn’t appealing to see a dark, brown line streaked across someone’s cheeks. The quick-fix is to blend. Blend, blend and blend some more until that bronzer transitions seamlessly into the rest of your face.

Too much blush:
Once in a while, I see the occasional girl looking like a china doll because of her blush. Again, the trick to fix this is blending. It should be a natural wash of color, not an opaque patch of pink.

Overdrawn eyebrows:
Eyebrows are tricky just because different people want to achieve different looks with them. Still, there is a certain point when it’s just too much. First of all, make sure your eyebrow color matches your hair color. Next, remember it’s not like a children’s coloring book where you just fill in the lines. Apply the product little by little with small, hair-like strokes until your eyebrows reach a natural yet defined state.

$60
$1500