2012 presidential candidates sound off on hopes, goals

With the class elections coming up this week, these class of 2012 Presidential candidates have been working hard to get the last votes which will separate them from the others. The pressure is getting higher as the big day gets closer. The candidates, current President Carolyn Jones, and nominees Kush Bhagat and Antonia Vitagliano, took the time to have a quick talk with a fellow member of the class 2012, Evan Barber, about their goals for the upcoming year, if elected.

Carolyn Jones

WSPN: What are 3 specific things you would like to accomplish if you were to be re-elected?Jones: Well I want our class to have a really good semi. I also want us to become involved in a charity that we could be involved with throughout high school. I obviously want to raise more money, but I also believe we should have more class socials.

WSPN: In one sentence, why are you the best choice for president?Jones: I’ll bring our grade together and make sure we enjoy our high school careers as much as we can.

WSPN: What is one weakness you have as a leader?Jones: I think I need to be more outgoing and need to get more people involved in what we are doing as a class.

WSPN: Is there anything else you would like to add, just something to tell the class of 2012?Jones: I hope our class likes what we have done this year, and hopefully they’ll give me another chance to do more next year.

Kush Bhagat

WSPN: What are 3 specific things you would like to accomplish if you were to be elected?Bhagat: Well I would like the student body to feel free to make any suggestions to benefit the class of 2012; I want everyone to be able to do that. I would also like to increase the number of class of 2012 events. And I wish to make the class aware that they are a crucial part of the Wayland High School community.

WSPN: In one sentence, why are you the best choice for president?Bhagat: I think I’m the best choice because I’m offering the best freedom and freedom of speech and ideas for student body to present to the e-board, and I’m being honest that not every idea can happen, but I can guarantee I will try to make it happen.

WSPN: What is one weakness you have as a leader?Bhagat: Probably that I don’t have the entire student body’s opinions in my mind. I kind of have my own agenda. That is why I’m asking for feedback on what they would like.

WSPN: Is there anything else you would like to add, just something to tell the class of 2012?Bhagat: Yes, I would like to guarantee that everyone will have a fair say in what goes on during our sophomore year. I also want to make sure that everyone has fun.

Antonia Vitagliano

WSPN: What are 3 specific things you would like to accomplish if you were to be elected?Vitagliano: Probably to keep up the fundraising, do fun social things as a class, and third I would like to unite the class as a whole.

WSPN: In one sentence, why are you the best choice for president?
Vitagliano: I will be able to work hard and make sure that I get everything accomplished during my presidency.

WSPN: What is one weakness you have as a leader?Vitagliano: I wasn’t on e-board this year but I have worked to bring myself up so I know what’s going on.

WSPN: Is there anything else you would like to add, just something to tell the class of 2012?Vitagliano: Basically that I want to have fun during sophomore year and I will work hard to do that.