ICYMI: Week of May 28

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” WSPN’s news editor Kevin Wang summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

Credit: Nat Hsu

Credit: Nat Hsu

Kevin Wang

News:
Reporters Emma Diianni and Caroline Lampert analyzed the senior independent project presentations. Seniors Audrey Camacho, Shaelee Comettant, Lindsay Jacobs, Maggie Fiske, Owen Donovan, Michael Jones, Joe Lyons, Will Danforth and Natalie Roussina all took part in the challenge of producing their own senior project.

Features:
Reporters Caterina Tomassini and Christos Belibasakis delved into a subject many at WHS fear: college rejection. They interviewed seniors Shaelee Comettant and Elijah Etienne to gain perspective on how to prepare for, accept and bounce back from denial.

Sports:
WSPN staff photographed a total of 64 photos documenting the girls’ lacrosse victories over Watertown and Lincoln-Sudbury. The team recently landed the Division II East No. 1 seed and will host an undetermined playoff opponent on Thursday, June 7.

Opinions:
WSPN’s Charlie Moore explored the campaigns of the Student Council presidential and vice presidential candidates. Moore incorporates quotes and campaign videos from each ticket in this edition of Politipress.

Opinions editor Kyle Chen described his Memorial Day and the ways students and community members alike can honor our veterans in his biweekly series, “Kyle’s Column.”

Multimedia:
WSPN’s Kevin Wang, CJ Brown and Charlie Moore debuted in the first-ever WSPN sports podcast, “Sports Junkies.” In the inaugural episode, they discussed the 2018 NBA Finals, the potential fixing of the NBA, the Las Vegas Knights’ playoff success and the surging Red Sox.

Reporters Caroline Lampert and Carly Camphausen captured senior reflections on their high school experiences.

Kevin Wang, News Editor and Copy Editor

Kevin Wang, Class of 2020, is the news section editor and a copy editor for WSPN. This is his third year on the staff. He is secretary of the Class of the 2020 and secretary of Wayland’s Junior State of America. In his free time, Kevin enjoys debating Public Forum, playing basketball and watching the Houston Rockets win.

Contact: [email protected]