Cast shares thoughts on “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”

Cammy Lehr and Isabella Arenas

Over the weekend, WHS students and faculty performed “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown.” The joint production was a unique experience for both students and staff. After performing, the cast shared its thoughts on the musical.

Sophomore Bec Patsenker, Peppermint Patty

Were you happy with the outcome of the musical?

“Yes. It was just kind of sad that there were only three performances. You know, there’s all that buildup and work, and then there are only three nights [with performances].”

Art teacher Amy O’Connell, Truffles

“I thought it went really great. I thought everyone kept their energy up for all three nights, and after the many rehearsals we had, I thought that all the acts and songs and dances just went really smoothly. So, I was happy with it.”

How was performing a musical with teachers and students?

“I loved working with teachers. I got to know a lot of teachers I otherwise wouldn’t have gotten to know, such as [Math teacher] Mrs. [Carolyn] Crary; I never see [teachers from] the math department. [I also met] Mr. [Jim] Mullane and a lot of TA’s who I just don’t see. That was really special for me and I loved working with the students, and my students especially because it’s kind of fun to see them in a different light. Yeah, I had a blast.”

Freshman Tessa Davidson, Loretta

“Yeah. It was a lot of work, but it was pretty good, I think.”

“I mean, it was OK. It was fun; I loved doing it with the teachers, but I felt like there were just so many teachers. There were a lot more than I expected. I felt like I was always thinking that I had to behave.”

Freshman Joy Ponce, Ruby

“It was good, and it was fun. I liked it a lot.”

“Wow, it was interesting. In Mexico, they do the same thing, so it was fun and I loved it.”

Junior Maggie Britton, Violet

“I really was. I mean, I loved how it all came together, and this is my second year doing WHSTE, so I was happy with it.”

“I loved it. It was different from what I’ve done before with WHSTE and MSSA and everything else that I did in elementary school, but it was absolutely phenomenal and I loved being with everyone.”

Senior Nathan Hochberger, Linus 

“In terms of audience, we had a great turnout. But this particular show is not my favorite style of show. It is something very different. It was enjoyable, to say the least.”

“It was very different because [the teachers] are pretty much like a whole second cast that has a different schedule than you. They interacted with the whole theater aspect different than how [the students] would.”

Junior Matthew Behrle, Schroeder 

“I think it went very well. It was fun and everyone liked it. [A lot] of people came.”

“I thought it was a good experience for the togetherness of the school and it was a good communal thing. All teachers added something to the play.”