• Math department goes back on newly instituted policy, will hand out tests to students

• Boys' basketball wins Bellingham tournament, improves to 4-2

• School Committee violated state law according to state attorney general Maura Healey

ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” News editor Kevin Wang summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

Credit: Nat Hsu

Credit: Nat Hsu

Credit: Nat Hsu

Kevin Wang

News:

Reporters Joanna Barrow and CJ Brown examined the efforts of the “Sages and Seekers” program in closing the societal and cultural gap between students and local seniors. Sages and Seekers is an eight-week program sponsored by Connect that brings together students and seniors through sharing and stimulating discussion.

Other news included Assistant Principal James Nocito announcing his retirement and the WHS ski teams hosting the annual “Ski Swap” fundraiser.

Features:

Reporter Ellie Tyska explored alternative forms of learning at WHS, which include studying and receiving tutoring in the academic center or navigating Khan Academy.

Business manager Alex Janoff looked into the purpose and importance of the Information Literacy class and the lessons that come with it. Students and teachers reflect on the differences between self-evaluating websites and utilizing databases.

Sports:

Reporter Aiden Chitkara made his debut in this week’s edition of “Warrior Weekly” by talking about football news, which included the Green Bay Packers, Ohio State football and former running back Kareem Hunt.

Brown joined editor Hailey Robinson in recapping the boys soccer state championship run in the fall. Head coach David Gavron and senior captain Gage Fuller spoke of expectations, training and turning points during the season.

A&E:

Editor Christina Taxiarchis released November’s “Artist of the Month,” freshman Sammy Janoff. Sammy Janoff began acting at five or six years old and enjoys the activity because it combines acting, singing and dancing.

Multimedia:

Fall a cappella concert 2018 (video) – Eden Vanslette and Josh Schreiber

Kevin Wang, News Editor and Copy Editor

Kevin Wang, Class of 2020, is the news section editor and a copy editor for WSPN. This is his third year on the staff. He is secretary of the Class of...

1 Comment

One Response to “ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3”

1. Kyle Chen on January 9th, 2019 5:17 PM

We *need* more articles from Kevin Wang. His articles are heavenly.

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Tackling the Midterm Exam

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Freshman Q&A

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Survival Guide: Language

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Survival Guide: History

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Survival Guide: Math

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Survival Guide: English

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Survival Guide: Biology

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Survival Guide: Chemistry

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Survival Guide: Physics

• ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3

Midterms by the numbers

ICYMI: Week of Dec. 3