WSPN Newsletter: The honeymoon is over

Dear Readers,

The community here at the high school seems to be collectively settling into the standard routine again. Teachers now seem to be comfortable enough with their classes to be piling on work, students are settling into their usual routines (zombies are once again common sight first period), and it almost feels like we never left. Yeah, the honeymoon’s definitely over.

In other news, the Wayland coffee shops have reported that sales have skyrocketed once again to the normal school-year levels. Some things truly are recession-proof.

Wayland Seniors are already out there exercising their divine right to go off campus. They look like they’ve been doing it all their lives, swinging their keys on their way to the senior lot nonchalantly, while secretly celebrating the entire way to their car. Parents should be warned that the school nurse is predicting a massive outbreak of senior-itis over the next month. She’s strongly urging parents to keep all infected students home as it’s highly contagious.

Sigh… it was worth a shot, right?

Here at WSPN, we’re starting to settle into our usual routines as well. We’re busy continuing to fill out our new site, training our new students, and welcoming back old faces as well. Our bloggers have already hit the ground running, and WSPN.tv is also starting to churn out some fantastic stories. We encourage you to go check out the latest. You might even meet the new freshman class!

Happy Friday all, fall is here in full steam.

Dave Ryan
Co-Editor-in-Chief
Wayland Student Press Network