WSPN Newsletter: 100 Years of Wayland Football

Dear Readers,

Do you know what fall means here at the high school? Football.

Football. Football. Football. This isn’t any ordinary year for the Warriors either. 2009 marks the 100th year of Warrior Football here at Wayland. WSPN’s Daniel James and Evan Barber got a feel for the excitement on campus for the 100th year of the Friday night ritual. Check out the team’s schedule, or any team’s for that matter, from our site. You can also keep up with all the latest scores on our Warrior Scores feed.

Across the fields in the Arts building, students are also hard at work. Wayland’s Theatre Ensemble is beginning rehearsals of Flight of the Lawnchair Man, the fall musical. The story centers around Jerry Gorman, a 34-year-old Wal-Mart employee, who never grew out of his boyhood dream to fly. Stay tuned for an article in the upcoming week.

Fall also means freeze here on campus. More and more mornings are starting sub-50°, and students know it won’t be long before giant sheets of ice await them in between classes. On another note, the lunch ladies plan to add popcorn to the snack line in anticipation of the slip-fest. Godspeed freshman, godspeed.

Here at WSPN we’re continuing to dust off our servers and get our news machine turning again. Looking for ways to keep up with WSPN and all the news here at the high school? Check out WSPN Mobile, our collection of Twitter feeds. Through Twitter we offer Text Message Alerts, and news feeds accessible from the web or your desktop. For more details check out WSPN Mobile.

If you’ve got a scoop for WSPN shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] or call/text our office number (508) 784-1122. If you are sending photos from a major event, please include your full name.

Have a good week all,

Dave Ryan
Co-Editor-in-Chief
Wayland Student Press Network