Warrior Weekly: Bump on the road to success

The Warriors' undefeated streak is over, but Harry is sure that as the fall sports season progresses, teams will continue to improve.
Last week, I proved to be sort of a jinx for Warrior sports. In my last blog, I talked about how the Warriors were undefeated and how I hoped that the wins would keep on coming. Since that post the Warriors are 2-4-2. I have full confidence that we can bounce back next week and win some games. Sorry guys!

This past week, the football team traveled two hours and 20 minutes (according to MapQuest) to play Nauset High School. The Warriors ended up losing the game 13-3. The Warriors played a tough game defensively, shutting out Nauset in the first half, and we went into the half with a 3-0 lead, but Nauset played better in the second half and scored 13 unanswered points.

Field hockey had a good week, going 1-0-1. They beat Newton South on the road, 5-0, behind Alice D’Orlando’s four goals, Laura Stavisky’s goal and Maddie Kiefer’s shutout. I was told by players on the team that this is an especially  big deal because Newton South’s field is on grass instead of turf. Field hockey also tied an intense game against Weston,  also on the road.

Boys soccer had two tough away games this week. On Tuesday, they lost, 0-1, at LS, and on Thursday, they tied Newton South, 1-1.

Girls volleyball also played Newton South and LS this week. They lost both of their games 0-3. Their first home game is this Wednesday against Waltham. Good luck girls!

In professional news, the Red Sox stink. They have the worst roster in history, according to Bobby Valentine. If the season ended today, the Red Sox would have the 7th pick in the draft (not bad right?). For other sports, the New England Patriots lose, and rookies rule. But can anybody hate Tom Brady? The Bruins are facing another lockout. Do the Celtics even exist?

Be sure to check out Warrior Scores for all your schedule and score questions.

“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” -Tommy Lasora

$60
$1500