Warrior Weekly: Big wins and big losses

This week, Harry talks about the Warriors’ big wins, big losses and professional sports lockouts.

This week in Warrior sports provided us with some exciting wins (football, volleyball and girls soccer). But the week of big wins also came with some disappointing defeats (girls soccer, field hockey and boys soccer).

The three Warrior wins this week were a pretty big deal. Football crushed South Boston 49-6. This was a game that was never close. The Warriors played great offense and defense as well as special teams. For the first couple series of the game, the Warriors didn’t give up any positive yards. They also scored 42 points in the first half.

Girls volleyball had their first win this week. They beat Waltham 3-0. Congratulations ladies!

Girls soccer got their second win of the season with a huge 5-0 win over rival Weston.

Boys soccer had a disappointing week. Two tough losses for them. I’m confident they will be able to bounce back next week when they play CC and Boston Latin. They also have their annual Kicks for Cancer game next week. It will be played at CC, and the Warriors will be taking on AB. It is an awesome event, so if you are around next Saturday, you should all go. Plus, it is for a great cause.

Field hockey only had one game this week, which resulted in a 2-1 loss to AB. I know they will be able to get back to their winning attitude next week against Waltham and Westford Academy.

I’m not much of a professional hockey fan, but I have been paying attention to the lockout. This lockout will be the fourth lockout in the past year, when you include the NFL referees. Last year, both football and basketball were affected by lockouts.

For those of you who don’t know what a lockout is, a lockout occurs when the contract agreement between the players and the owners ends, and they can’t agree on new contract terms. Therefore, the owners won’t let the players play because they won’t agree to the players’ terms. The owners are billionaires, but they still need to make more money.

As a fan, lockouts are just insulting. Team owners are ruining sports for us. Now all the hockey fans out there won’t be able to watch hockey because the owners need more money.

In other sports, the Celtics signed Darko Milicic this past week. Darko is up there with Greg Oden and Sam Bowie as the biggest draft busts in NBA history. Wonderful.

Keep checking Warrior Scores for all of the scores and schedules.

“Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.” -Earvin “Magic” Johnson