Warrior Weekly: Hot start

This week, Harry discusses the hot start of all WHS sports teams as well as the NFL Patriots.

Well, we are two weeks into 2013, and the Wayland sports teams could not be performing better. At the top of that list is wrestling. Last year was disappointing for the wrestling team, but they came out firing this year. The team has started the season 15-0. That’s a pretty good record in my opinion. Also, nice job to Coach Chase on getting his 100th win earlier this week.

Also doing well this season is swimming. Of course. There isn’t much to say since they do well every season. They are like the New England Patriots of winter sports.

Both the boys and girls basketball teams are also doing pretty well. The boys currently have a record 6-2, while the girls have a record of 3-5, which is better than they were doing last year. Improvement is always a good thing!

Boys hockey sits at 6-3 on the young season. The boys have scored 39 goals on the season and have only given up 10. That is a fantastic ratio, and if they stay like this all season, they are going to go pretty far in the playoffs.

We could be in for a great year of tournament play if all the teams keep up the good work!

I am currently writing this between the two Sunday NFL Playoffs games, and all I’ve got to say is wow. As a football fan, the first three games of the weekend have been incredible. Even the casual fan has got to be happy with the intensity of these games after last weekend’s awful games.

Regardless of what happens in the Patriots game, it is sad that we won’t be able to see a Brady-Manning AFC Championship. That would have been great.

And finally, for anyone who cares (probably just me): 30 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training. Baseball is almost back!

“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” -Muhammad Ali.

$210
$1500