Warrior Weekly: Wayland-Weston rivalry

This week, Harry talks about the Wayland-Weston rivalry and shares his prediction for the results of this year's Super Bowl.
The Warriors boys’ hockey team absolutely killed Weston’s team on Wednesday night. The boys beat Weston 8-2 in a game that was never really close.

Recently, games between the Wayland Warriors and the Weston Wildcats have become very heated as both sides trash-talk one another.

Wayland and Weston teams are extremely close record-wise, as well. So far this year, Wayland has a record of 6-9-3 against Weston. While it may be disappointing to see that Weston has a better record than us, keep in mind that there are tons of games left to be played this year, and Wednesday night’s victory was the start of a winning streak against Weston.

Speaking of winning streaks, boys’ basketball has a winning streak of nine games. Also, congratulations to senior Jaleel Bell for scoring his 1,000th point at WHS. Nice job! The boys’ basketball team played Weston on Friday night and won, 50-41. The rivalry between Weston and Wayland is so intense that extra police were on hand for Friday’s game.

In other news, Warrior Weekly has gone national. What does that mean? Well, last week in this very blog, I spoke of how the Patriots should sign Ed Reed. A few days later, one of the most well respected national football writers in the country, Peter King of Sports Illustrated, posted the same idea in his blog. From there, the idea spread like wildfire. The story was all over ESPN and other sports websites. Reed was even asked about playing for the Patriots during Super Bowl Media Day this past week. Clearly, Peter King was reading my blog and stealing my ideas. You’re welcome, America.

I hope everyone had a great Winter Week. If you missed any of the performances or speakers, you can see all of them here on WSPN.

Keep an eye on the scoreboard as we approach the end of the winter season and make our way toward the playoffs.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, my prediction for the game is 17-7, 49ers. I would like to know all of your predictions for the game. If you have any, please comment on this blog.

“The doctor looked at me, and she told me I was out for the year. I said, ‘Doc, are you sure?’ I said, ‘Doc, there’s no way I’m going to be out for the year with just a torn tricep. I’ve been through way worse.’ She was like, ‘Ray, I know nobody has ever come back from this.’ I said, ‘You know, nobody has ever been Ray Lewis either.’” -Ray Lewis

P.S. Nobody can come back from this injury unless you have special supplements (or deer antler spray). But, that is a topic for another day.

$60
$1500