ICYMI: Week of September 12 – Wayland trivia, WHS clubs and student parking pass warning

Credit: Nat Hsu

Nadya Chase

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” News Editor Nadya Chase summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

News:

Editor Nadya Chase and WSPN’s Aimee Smith broke the news about the student parking pass warning.

“As of Monday, students should always display their parking passes visibly on their cars when parked at school,” Smith and Chase wrote.

Features:

Editor Sophia Oppenheim and WSPN’s Nina Wilson reported on a few of Wayland High School’s clubs.

“As you make your way around the club fair make sure to check out these clubs and if you’re interested, sign up,” Wilson and Oppenheim wrote.

Multimedia:

Staff Reporters Carolina Sdoia and Mischa Lee photographed the girls volleyball game against Lexington. Meanwhile, Editor Sasha Libenzon produced a gallery about the varsity football game against Hopkinton.

A&E:

Editor Talia Macchi shared the USA psych for the varsity football game on Friday, September 16.

“Even though tonight’s psych is USA, students should feel free to wear the colors of a flag that they feel comfortable in,” Macchi wrote.

Opinion:

Co-Editor-in-Chief Emily Roberge shared her opinion about USC and UCLA being added to the Big Ten Conference, and WSPN’s Bella Schreiber wrote about Serena Williams’ retirement.

Broadcast:

Staff Reporters Lucy Grasso, Morgen Warner and Abby Raftery spoke about the annual 5k walk at Dudley Pond and submitting senior photos in episode 57 of Weekly Breakdown. Co-Editor Deirdre Brown and Sdoia quizzed students about Wayland facts.