ICYMI: Week of May 30 – graduation postponed, Taylor Swift’s “The Era’s Tour” and Student Council candidates’ ripped down posters

Credit: Nat Hsu

Selena Liu

In the weekly series,“In Case You Missed It,” News Editor Selena Liu summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

News:

Co-Editor-in-Chief Talia Macchi and Editor Selena Liu broke the news about the Class of 2023’s graduation being postponed. Liu reported on Wayland High School students visiting Loker’s Spanish Immersion program.

Co-Editor-in-Chief Nadya Chase and Liu wrote about Student Council candidates’ concerns over ripped down posters. WSPN’s Chloe Zilembo reported on the Class of 2024’s upcoming Career Day.

Features:

Staff Reporters Jane Tardif and Elyssa Grillo reported on Students Against Destructive Decisions’ (SADD) safe driving week. Liu wrote about WHS Latin students’ recent trip to Italy.

Sports:

Staff Reporters Delia Caulfield and Melina Barris wrote about the WHS ultimate frisbee team.

“Compared to other sports, ultimate frisbee is known to be relatively relaxed when it comes to the amount of practices and games in a week,” Caulfield and Barris wrote. “Practices don’t take up the whole week, just a few days after school.”

Multimedia:

Caulfield, Staff Reporter Emily Roberge and WSPN’s Ryan Chase produced a video about the Yankee Lighting Workshop.

A&E:
Liu, along with WSPN’s Jenny Shine and Hallie Luo, reviewed Taylor Swift’s “Era’s Tour.” Staff Reporter Kris Poole-Evans reviewed Aespa’s third mini album, “MY WORLD.”