ICYMI: Week of March 11 – Senior Show, former superintendent files lawsuit against Wayland and Wayland Dads’ drop-ins

Credit: Alyssa Ao

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” News Editor Selena Liu summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

News:
Staff Reporters Sofia Ciciarelli and Ainsley Jay produced an article on Wayland Dads hosting monthly winter drop-ins at Loker. Staff Reporter Margaret Buffum broke down Chlormequat being found in Quaker products.
Meanwhile, News Editor Selena Liu, WSPN’s Katya Luzarraga and Aimee Smith and Co-Editor-in-Chiefs Talia Macchi and Nadya Chase wrote about former superintendent Dr. Omar Easy filing a lawsuit against Wayland. Staff Reporters Marissa Mendoza and Ciciarelli briefed the Class of 2024’s senior show.
Features:
WSPN’s Jeffery Zhang wrote about whether Massachusetts should shift away from the MCAS. WSPN’s Bella Schreiber and Tina Su produced “Teachers in the wild: Math edition.” Staff Reporter Sophia Verma produced an infographic for seniors on how to survive the second semester of the school year.
Meanwhile, Staff Reporters Maddie Zajac and Addison Voight spotlighted Buddy Dog. Co-Editor Penelope Biddle and Zhang wrote about the preparation process for the Class of 2024’s senior show.
Sports:
WSPN’s Sasha Libenzon spotlighted Lincoln-Sudbury’s Alex Taylor.
“After only starting the sport of biathlon two years ago, Taylor represented the United States at the Gangwon 2024 Winter Youth Olympics in South Korea and the International Biathlon Union (IBU) Youth & Junior World Championships in Estonia,” Libenzon wrote.
Opinion:
Staff Reporter Vanessa Taxiarchis shared her opinions on school taking a toll on students’ mental health and teachers failing to see it. Smith and Luzarraga reflected on their decision to quit caffeine for a week.
A&E:
Staff Reporter Jillian Mele produced a spring inspired “Wordle.” Staff Reporters Ben Jackson and Bowen Morrison produced a St. Patrick’s Day crossword. Staff Reporters Ravi Kapadia and Jayden Taylor reviewed the top five video games of the 21st century.
Multimedia:
Staff Reporter Melina Barris photographed the Class of 2024 practicing the co-ed dance for senior show. Staff Reporters Carolina Sdoia and Edge Wheeler produced a gallery on IBL’s white team clinching a championship victory against the pink team.
Podcast:
Staff Reporters Olivia Green, Jane Tardif and Mackenzie Macchi broke down Wayland’s news in Weekly Breakdown Episode 77.