Warrior Weekly: Spring check-in

Spring sports teams are gearing up for their final month of the regular season.

No, this “check-in” isn’t a mini math quiz, don’t worry. Can you believe it’s already May?! Where has the year gone?

May means that for most of us, there are less than two months left in school, and for seniors, only one. It also means that the regular season for spring sports is in its final month. The seasons are starting to shape up for teams as they prepare for the month ahead.

Girls tennis has hit a little bit of a funk right now, losing their last four, but with half the season left, there is plenty of time to turn it around. The girls tennis team also hosted a successful round-robin tournament with donations going to the Lauren Dunne Astley Memorial Fund, showing that Wayland athletes have a positive impact both on and off the court.

Boys tennis sits at 6-2, winning their last three. The boys have yet to drop a match to any DCL Small opponents. They hope to keep that up as they face C-C and Weston this week.

Boys lacrosse is having a tough first half of the season. They are 2-6, with a recent 10-9 loss to Waltham. They are in the middle five straight road games. They have split the first two.

Let me just say there have been some funky things going on the with schedules this year as far as home or away games. Check Warrior Scores to see for yourself.

Girls lacrosse continued to stay hot, winning all three games last week by a combined score of 49-11. This team is legit, and if they keep it up, who knows where they’ll end up.

Boys volleyball is quietly an impressive 5-4. As I’ve said before, this team has no seniors, so it’s a kind of trial by fire, but the team as a whole is gaining invaluable experience.

Softball got their first win of the year against Weston yesterday, 9-8. It was their first game of the year in the DCL small, they have two more games this week against fellow small opponents.

The baseball team got two wins last week, and we notched our third yesterday. We are currently 3-6 overall and 2-0 in the DCL Small. Our game on Wednesday will be for first place in the DCL small, and has huge implications for the league title.

As always, check Warrior Scores for the latest. Enjoy the last month of the regular season and the waning days of school. Hopefully with May some nice warm spring weather will come.