Athlete of the Week: Jimmy Lampert

Elena Erdekian

Pictured above is junior Jimmy Lampert. Lampert is a three-year varsity starter on the boys' lacrosse team and a key player on the team. "It’s great to be able to have such a strong bond with your teammates when you’re always on the same page and can trust one another,” Lampert said.

Name: Jimmy Lampert

Grade: Junior

Sport: Lacrosse

Achievements: Lampert is a three-year starter on the boys’ varsity lacrosse team. He was a DCL first team All-Star both his freshman and sophomore years and has a total of 200 career points. In 2014, he made the MIAA Division 2 All-Star (All-State) team. Lampert was a key player in helping the team become DCL champions his freshman year and DCL co-champions his sophomore year.

Favorite memory: One of Lampert’s favorite memories was beating Westford Academy his freshman year. According to Lampert, it was a great game because Wayland was the underdog and Westford was the second best team in the state.

Sports idol: Tom Brady

Quote: “Lacrosse is just a great combination of all the great sports. You have the contact of football, the finesse of soccer and the hand-eye [coordination] of hockey. It attracts athletes from all ends of the spectrum. Lacrosse teams will only have a handful of ‘die-hard’ lax guys who play year round, but usually it’s the raw athletes that make up the team. It’s great to be able to have such a strong bond with your teammates when you’re always on the same page and can trust one another.”