Andy Rakich: The Movie Director

Andy Rakich – we all know him as the Wayland High School actor in the drama department, that person who wears a kilt, jumps on a table, and screams “FREEDOM” at the top of his lungs during lunch. Yeah, that guy! But what some people don’t know is that Andy is an up and coming movie director. He has been working on his own movies since first grade. The last movie he directed was The Scourge, which was about a British revolt in the first century A.D. Although it is a low budget movie (meaning that there are fake body parts and fake blood, and it was shot in settings around Wayland), his movies are thrilling and a sight to see.

His newest release is called Tears Of God. It’s about Spanish explorers who go on a journey to find El Dorado. The deeper they go, the more they lose themselves and their minds, relinquishing their goal and growing greedy. This movie stars our very own Pete Konowski, Sophie Hadingham, Ben Boegehold, Sherry Ng, Justin Billing, and Andy Rakich himself, among others from the drama department. I give his movies my personal five stars for creativity, thrilling scenes, bloody fights, and, to top it off, the decapitation of a head. I recommend this movie to those who love Braveheart and Apocalypto. If you want to watch the trailers, search for them on Google.com simply by typing in the title. This is a movie I can’t wait to see in the theaters, and I hope all of you will enjoy it as much as I’m sure I will.

$210
$1500