Five easy ways to use less energy

Americans consume a large amount of the world’s energy, but we can make a difference by conserving energy in our day-to-day lives. If everyone made an effort to save energy, it would make Americans healthier, save money, and lower the risk of catastrophes such as wild fires and hurricanes. Energy conservation is vital to the preservation of all life on Earth. Here are some simple ways you can conserve energy and save our planet.

1) Replace your incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent.
Fluorescent light bulbs cost more than incandescent light bulbs originally; however, by switching to compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) you could save up to 30% on your home’s energy bill. CFLs use around 75% less energy than incandescent light bulbs, and they also last about 10 times longer.

2) Turn-off and unplug your idle electronics.
Even if your electronics are asleep or idle, when there is a light turned on anywhere, your electronic is still using energy. Turn off and unplug your computer, printer, television, radio, or any other electronic device when they are not in use.

3) Walk, ride your bike, take a bus, or carpool.
If you walk or ride your bike instead of driving your car, you can be healthier, and you will be using no industrial energy. Carpooling cuts down on the number of cars and amount of gas used.

4) Fill your dishwasher, laundry machine, and dryer completely before you use them.
There is no need to waste energy and water on washing a load of laundry that is not full. When you are going to wash dishes or laundry, make sure they are full before you run it.

5) Avoid bottled water.
Everyone should drink plenty of water, but harvesting raw materials such as plastic is very wasteful. Processing and making plastic used for water bottles wastes a lot of energy. You can fill reusable bottles at home and avoid buying plastic water bottles.

For more information visit http://www.willyoujoinus.com/