On Saturday, April 20, the body of a man was discovered near the dumpster behind Hot Table Panini, a sandwich shop located in Framingham’s Shoppers World. The Framingham Police Department (FPD) labeled the incident as an apparent homicide.
News brief: Murder at Shopper's World in Framingham

Scrambled: Lemon squares

Looking for a quick and easy dessert for a friend's house? Try Carolyn's lemon squares.
Every so often, we find ourselves in need of a dessert or dish to bring to a friend’s house or holiday party.

I always end up looking toward the standard items: chocolate chip cookies, brownies and even the occasional pie. One dessert that invariably slips my mind are lemon squares; I don’t know why because they are so yummy and probably one of the easiest desserts to make.

I know I say this all the time, but I really love simple and delicious desserts. I think many people avoid making lemon squares because they think the process is harder than it truly is. Lemon squares can often be associated with lemon curd or lemon meringue pie, which usually require a thickening process on the stove.

Lemon squares are very low maintenance and don’t require this step. If you’ve never made them, I encourage you to give this recipe a try. Enjoy!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lemon squares are a quick and easy snack for anybody looking for a treat.

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon double-acting baking powder
2 slightly beaten eggs
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest

Sift flour and confectioners in small bowl. Stir in butter and combine. Press onto a greased 8×8 inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes, or until crust is slightly golden.

Meanwhile combine granulated sugar, baking powder, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour oven warm crust and bake again for 25 minutes. Let cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes, and then cut into squares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

$210
$1500