Best of the MetroWest: Orange Leaf

width=
This week, blogger Ally Toto reviews Orange Leaf and recommends her favorite flavor frozen yogurt.

There is now a delicious reason to stop by the new Wayland town center: Orange Leaf. This newly-opened frozen yogurt hotspot is the place to be in town. I have already gone three times because I just can’t get enough.

The vibrant orange and green modern decor makes Orange Leaf the perfect teen hang out spot. With flat screen TV’s on the walls, current music playing, couches, window seats and chunky plastic chairs, Orange Leaf gives off a relaxed and fun vibe.

Orange Leaf prides itself in offering frozen yogurt with a “superior taste and texture” and maintaining an environment that is visually uplifting and welcoming.

The employees were friendly and offered me samples every time I went. Of the sixteen flavors that they had out at once, I have tried six: Snickerdoodle, Brownie Batter, Chocolate, Coffee, Peanut Butter and Vanilla. Similarly to Frozen Yogurt Innovations, Orange Leaf has a do-it-yourself and pay by the ounce policy.

If you are a peanut butter kind of person, I would highly recommend blending the Chocolate or Brownie batter with Peanut Butter. There are two different sizes of cups, large and small. I would go with the large if you want to try many flavors, so that you can separate them from mixing.

Then comes the grand finale: the toppings. When I visited, there were 42 choices for toppings. The toppings rotate, so there are always new things to try! Toppings include Kit-Kats, Reese’s, cookie-dough, graham crackers and other candies, as well as fruits, boba, cereal and more.

The only negative thing I can think of is that I couldn’t get a seat when I went this past Saturday because it was so crowded. Aside from that, I would highly recommend Orange Leaf. FYI now has some competition!

Ounce Back cards are offered as “frequent buyer” cards. When you spend $10 you get $1 back.

As spring weather approaches turn over a new leaf and visit Orange Leaf. Your taste buds will thank you!

Hours are Mon-Thurs 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Fri – Sat 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.