On Saturday, April 20, the body of a man was discovered near the dumpster behind Hot Table Panini, a sandwich shop located in Framingham’s Shoppers World. The Framingham Police Department (FPD) labeled the incident as an apparent homicide.
News brief: Apparent homicide at Shopper's World in Framingham

Scrambled: Avocado Paninis

width=
With spring around the corner, Anna talks about one of her favorite warm-weather foods: avocado paninis.

Hello, Scrambled readers! I know spring might seem like a long way away with snow still on the ground, but I want to write about one of my favorite warm-weather lunch foods.

Last year, one of my Christmas presents was a panini maker. A few of my friends had them, and the sandwiches they ate always looked so delicious, so I wanted one for myself.

Right away, I tried making all sorts of different paninis with regular sandwich foods like deli meats. However, I soon discovered that, to make a panini a little more interesting, I was going to have to experiment with some new ingredients.

After numerous times trying new recipes, I finally found the perfect combination of freshness and flavor. For me, eating this sandwich when it is warm outside is very refreshing.

Avocado Panini ingredients:
2 slices of whole wheat bread
½ of an avocado
¼ teaspoon of garlic salt
2 slices of tomato
2 slices of cheddar cheese
butter

First, after heating up the panini press, spread butter on both slices of the bread. If you don’t have a panini maker, using a grill or griddle on a stove should work too.

Second, mash up the avocado and mix it in the garlic salt. Then, when you’ve placed the ingredients in the sandwich and the panini press is hot, cook the sandwich for about 3-4 minutes, or until it turns golden brown.

My favorite things to eat with this sandwich are some fresh fruit and lemonade. Enjoy!