On Saturday, April 20, the body of a man was discovered near the dumpster behind Hot Table Panini, a sandwich shop located in Framingham’s Shoppers World. The Framingham Police Department (FPD) labeled the incident as an apparent homicide.
News brief: Apparent homicide at Shopper's World in Framingham

Tech Corner: Google Glass

width=
In this edition of Tech Corner, David talks about Google Glass.
[/caption]

We’ve all heard rumors about it — Google Glass. It’s the next big thing.

Google Glass may look like an unusual pair of glasses, but there’s more to the technology than meets the eye.

The prototype of this breakthrough technology first appeared in 2011 and weighed eight pounds. As of now, it weighs a mere eight grams but still packs in good specs. The hardware in Google Glass includes:

-Android 4.0.4 and higher operating system, along with apps like Google Maps, Gmail and Google+
-640×360 display
-5-megapixel camera, capable of 720p video recording
-Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
-Bluetooth enabled
-16GB storage
-Texas Instruments 1.2Ghz Dual processor
-682MB RAM
-3 axis gyroscope, accelerometer and compass
-Ambient light sensing and proximity sensor
-Touchpad: On the side of Google Glass, there’s a touchpad that allows users to control the device by swiping through a timeline interface displayed on the screen. Sliding back shows current events, such as weather, and sliding forward shows past events, such as phone calls, photos, friends’ updates and much more.
-Voice commands: Voice command can be used without the touch of a button. All you have to do is say “google,” along with a command. This is great for when you want to take a picture with your hands full, record a video or ask Google a question.

If you want to get your hands on this new technology, then you’re going to have to shell out $1,500 if you signed up for Google’s explorer program. If not, don’t worry. People are selling them on eBay from prices ranging from $1,500 to $10,000. It is rumored that the Glass will be available later in 2014.

As of now, Google Glass doesn’t have any lenses on it. Google is trying to partner with sunglass companies like Ray-Ban or Warby Parker to incorporate their sunglasses with Google Glass to make it more aesthetically appealing.

Overall, Google Glass will be a great gadget to have which could potentially benefit many people. Already, surgeons have used Glass to assist them on surgeries, people have been less distracted at the wheel, and, in foreign countries, Glass can translate and give you step-by-step directions. Imagine all the possibilities!

$235
$1500