WHS freshman girls' top shopping destinations

The new wing of the Natick Collection (formally the Natick Mall) is a popular destination for Wayland Shoppers. (Credit: CC Katsuki)
The new wing of the Natick Collection (formally the Natick Mall) is a popular destination for Wayland shoppers. (Credit: CC Katsuki)

Wayland High School girls are always buying clothes, and especially with the winter season rapidly approaching, they are hitting the stores. But if you look in Wayland, you’ll notice there aren’t many places to shop. What do students think about shopping around Wayland, and where do they go to buy clothes and accessories?

Pippa Edwards and Dana Henderson, Wayland freshmen, love to shop. “There aren’t many options [around Wayland], but when you find a good store, you can just go, go, go!” said Henderson. “There is not much [in Wayland], but you can [still] find really great stuff,” agreed Edwards.

Where do these shoppers go? “If I need just one or two things, I’ll go to Target, but other than that I usually go to the Natick Mall,” said freshman Rebecca Harris.

Kira Palmer told WSPN, “I just went shopping last night at Nordstrom and J. Crew.” Other Wayland students agreed that they like stores in the Natick Collection, including the Betsey Johnson Store, Hollister, and Neiman Marcus. One Wayland freshman says, “J.C. Penney is good; I like the style there.”

During this tough economy, people are hunting for good styles at great prices. So, what store has the best prices? The classic fleece NorthFace jacket has a variety of prices all over the area. The NorthFace store, in the Natick Mall, sells their jackets for $199.99. Dick’s Sporting Goods, across from the Natick Mall, sells the jackets for $165.00. But one can find this jacket for the lowest possible price at R.E.I., in Framingham, where the jackets are sold for $109.93.

Another popular style around school is cowboy boots. DSW had the best deal on a pair of simple brown western boots, with a price of $49.95. Another good deal is Macy’s, which sells cowboy boots for $89.99. For the most part, Wayland students agree that if you look, you will find some great deals!

Hannah Brigham said that she wishes there were more places to shop in Wayland. Brigham says, “it would be nice if there was a town center or something.” Freshman Lilyanne Lewis agrees. “I think it would be nice if there were some small shops,” said Lewis.

Although there is only one clothing store in Wayland, the Elizabeth Lee boutique, there are many stores in the Metrowest area that offer a variety of fashions for the ever-demanding population at Wayland High School. The Natick Collection, Shoppers World and the newly opened Lemon Tree Goods consignment shop in Natick are just a few of the most popular.

With the frigid Wayland winter just around the corner, and the holiday shopping season just weeks away, Wayland shoppers should shop around and take advantage of the bottom-low prices found in some local stores.

$210
$1500