Compliments, comments and concerns about the new school

Students have mixed reactions to the new campus. (Credit: Sammy Keating/WSPN)

As Wayland High School continues its new chapter, the students of WHS have begun to adjust to their new campus. They have not been shy about voicing their own opinions about the new school and how they’re adapting.

Compliments

“I think it’s better [than the old campus], I just think it will take some getting used to,” said junior Hannah Brigham.

“I like it here at the new school. I’m not very good with change, but I’ll get used to it,” said junior Adrianna Bryant.

“It’s definitely nice to have a heated campus and be indoors all the time,” said senior Karl Kuhn.

“We couldn’t stay in the old school forever; we were kind of outgrowing it,” said senior Sam Kolovson.

Comments

“There are two tables on the patio outside, and it would be really nice to have some more outdoor seating,” said Kuhn.

“I want to put the murals from the old school on the walls here because it’s kind of boring with the white walls,” said Kolovson.

“It’s really cool to walk all around and see all the work that has been in progress for a year and a half come together,” said sophomore Hannah Osborn. “The new school could be just as great of a school and a community as the old school; it will just take a while to learn to love it like we loved the old school.”

Concerns

“It’s hard [to get to your classes] now because a lot of the views in the school look the exact same. Except for the coloring, the hallways all look the same, so you feel like you were just there even though you’re on the other side of the school,” said Osborn.

“I miss the fresh air because now I feel like I’m being trapped inside all day, and it’s a little confining, especially when it gets warm outside,” said sophomore Rayna Graham.

“The cafeteria’s way too small, and there isn’t really any new food,” said freshman Eli Bucher.

“The old campus is just something unique that you really grow to love,” said junior Pardis Alizadeh.

$210
$1500